[INGNEWS] AF2-WYFFOS available in 2017A

Marc Balcells director at ing.iac.es
Thu Aug 4 23:30:30 BST 2016

INGNEWS

EXTENSION OF AVAILABILITY FOR AF2-WYFFOS

ING would like to make its users aware that AF2-WYFFOS, the WHT's multi-fibre MOS,
will continue to be offered through semester 2017A.

This modifies our previous announcement that AF2 would be made unavailable after 2016B
to allow for the remodeling of the GHRIL enclosure for WEAVE. A delay in the delivery of
part of WEAVE has given us the opportunity to keep the WYFFOS spectrograph operational
after the remodeling. With this change we intend to allow MOS science, as well as a range of
WEAVE preparation activities, to continue all the way to the final integration of WEAVE.

We encourage AF2 users to take advantage of this opportunity, and to watch future ING’s
Announcement of Opportunity messages for the final extension of the AF2 availability.

Marc Balcells

director ‘at’ ing.iac.es <http://ing.iac.es/>

Dr. Marc Balcells, Director
Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes
38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain
Tel. +34 922 425 403
http://www.ing.iac.es